Thursday, November 20, 2008

FAMILY: HINDRANCE OR HELP?


Family can sometimes be a little scary. You love everyone or at least try to love everyone yet if your family is not a Christian family that supports you in your belief. There are all types of people in this world. We all know about the good, kind ones that make you feel great. But then there are the difficult ones, the ones that have a criminal background, addicts and drug users, downright hateful people, and those that always try to get ahead in life without caring about anyone who gets in their way. We don't get to choose our family yet we need to try to maintain our Christian faith in spite of all the family problems. It may seem like these families are a hindrance to our faith but God has a special purpose for you in your family

Some of us are blessed with good, Christian families that have taught us to love and serve God. We are used to getting up on Sunday AM with church and church-related activities being important. I've often wondered how it would be to grow up in a family like Billy Graham's or in a group of Christian singers who tour from place to place sharing their faith with others. I wonder how my life would be different if my background had been different. Of course, I didn't grow up in those environments. God gave me a family that was important during my childhood and I still have many pleasant memories. Consider your blessings and make your life count for God. Consider yourself fortunate if you have a good Christian family to support you and thank God for their help.

No comments: