Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A NEW YEAR

With the start of 2009 most people set aside resolutions or goals that they want to achieve during the year. The hard part of this is keeping the resolution. Many people can work hard to make progress but many fall short of their goal and quit after a month or so. Keeping the commitment sounded easy but in actuality it is much harder than it was made.

I could say that I have a long list of resolutions for this year but I really don't. I am trying to keep an open mind to opportunities that come my way and will try to trust the Lord to give me guidance and direction. Our church has been without a minister for a year and this Sunday we will finally have a new minister in the pulpit. It will be refreshing to hear sermons from a whole new perspective and hopefully our church will begin to grow both in numbers and in a closer walk with the Lord.

For this new year I challenge each of you as well as myself to keep my eyes on the Lord and watch for his presence in each day of the year. You will be amazed at the little ways that He lets us know His presence.

No comments: